One of my favourite holiday traditions is the advent calendar. We have four in our house this year (no fights) and I’ve brought them into work too.
A colleague shared a different type of advent calendar at work on Friday: a December kindness calendar. You can download your printable copy at actionforhappiness.org.
Here are some of the “doors of kindness” to open up your heart this advent season:
- Forgive someone and look for their good points
- Cook an extra meal and surprise someone with it
- Make a card or decoration for someone special
- Offer hugs to your loved ones and friends
- Count how many people you smile at today
This week’s #HappyAct is to spread some kindness in your community by doing a good deed a day. Happy holidays.