If you’re having a bad day, sometimes just thinking something silly or happy can clear the clouds. Here are ten happy facts to put a smile on your face.
- Young giraffes have kindergarten. One adult female stays with the young in a herd to watch them during the day. Their spot is on a hill so that the other mothers can see how they are doing. Adults rotate duties but scientists still do not know how it is decided.
- You were once the youngest person in the whole universe.
- There is a basketball court on the top floor of the U.S. Supreme Court Building. It’s known as the “highest court in the land.”
- A group of bunnies is called a fluffle and a group of hedgehogs is called a prickle
- Wayne Allwine (the voice of Mickey Mouse) and Russi Taylor (the voice of Minnie Mouse) were married in real life.
- Male penguins use pretty pebbles to propose to their mate.
- If you took the whole solar system and shrunk it down so that the Sun was at your head and the orbit of Pluto was at your feet, Uranus would be just where you’d expect it to be.
- Elephants produce the same chemical that we produce when we see something cute when looking at people.
- The dot above an i or j is called a tittle.
- There is always the possibility today could be the best day of your life.
Have a happy week! Ed. note: Most of these I lifted from a conversation on Reddit.