Normally in December, I do a round-up of my favourite happy acts of the year. But as I’ve said more than once during COVID-19, it’s tough blogging about happiness during a pandemic. So this year, I’ve decided to choose my top ten list of travel-related posts to give us something to look forward to in 2022. Some of these are great staycation ideas, others involve finding adventures further afar.
- Explore the backroads and hamlets of Eastern Ontario in Take a Scenic Drive and Visit an Amazing Place.
- Experience the feeling of skating until your feet chafe in The world’s longest skating rink turns 50 celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Rideau Canal in Ottawa.
- Bridgerton fans: experience what life was like in Regency Europe by visiting English and Irish manors in Of manors and mansions when lords and duchesses attended balls, paid morning visits and strolled in stately gardens.
- On a glorious autumn day, there is no better experience in the world than picking grapes and helping with the harvest in Harvest the grape.
- In Walk through a sky with a thousand suns, we explored a sunflower farm in Prince Edward County.
- The Carolinas have always held a special place in our hearts, find out why in Carolina on my mind.
- On a wintry day, one of the best places to visit is an aquarium. Read about my girls’ weekend winter getaway to Ripley’s Aquarium in Discover an undersea world.
- There’s a reason why British Columbia has “Beautiful British Columbia” on its license plates. See why in Happy in beautiful BC.
- Hamilton, Ontario, a great tourist destination, really? Explore all it has to offer in Challenge a steadfast belief.
- Make a date to explore your local zoo or one of the smaller zoos in your region where you can get up close and personal with the animals in Have a Zootastic experience.
Where do you plan to visit next year? Leave a comment and here’s to a happier 2022 with many more travels and adventures ahead!