Last weekend, our Frontenac Fury Girls Hockey Association held our annual hockey banquet and potluck.
It’s always a nice way to mark the end of the hockey season, recognize the girls’ achievements and share some laughs before all the hockey families hang up our sticks for the season.
But just like our girls would have going into any big game, it’s important to have a strategy when the pot drops at a potluck. Here are a few tips from a seasoned veteran in the line-up.
- Always get in line before the biggest guy in the room
- Scan the venue and your competition to scope out the best grub
- Don’t fill your plate with too many salads or bread—save room for the main event
- Enjoy the small talk during the intermissions between refills
- Never take the last meatball or you may wind up in the penalty box
- Unlike hockey, icing is a good thing at a potluck
- When it comes to dessert, go for a hat trick
- And make sure you give thanks for the big, warm extended family you’re breaking bread with
This week’s #HappyAct is to plan a potluck or smorgasborg and enjoy! And congratulations and thanks to all the Frontenac Fury teams and families for another fun, successful year. We’ll see you in the fall!