One of our favourite family outings is to the bowling alley. This weekend, Dave’s sister and her family visited and we spent Saturday afternoon at Garrison Lanes, our favourite bowling alley on the Base in Kingston.
Reasons why bowling is the best sport ever
- You can bowl when you’re 9 or 90
- You can drink beer while bowling
- The shoes—need I say more?
- The cool tunes from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s
- The glow in the dark lanes
- The smash of the pins when you get a strike
- Those big wooden ramps for kids that basically let you cheat
- Choosing the perfect strike ball (solid or pattern?)
- You get to knock stuff over and no one yells at you
Is there any greater sport on earth? I think not. This week’s Happy Act is to bowl me over with your best bowling story. Spare me no excuses and strike a chord with your fellow Happy Act followers. In case you missed it, check out this post on 8 things to make you feel like a kid again.
3 thoughts on “Bowl me over”
For the longest time I never knew about those little arrows.
My first time bowling in Kingston, we got kicked out of Cloverleaf because my boyfriend at the time had never bowled before and kept throwing the ball too high or too soon. If it wasn’t smashing down on the lane, it was hitting the gate at the end while it dropped off the new pins.
Also – there may or may not still be one of my fake Halloween nails flopping around inside a ball at Prost.
That’s funny, Jess. I had a bunch of friends from university and we’d go bowling in K-W, and one guy, who was crazy, would take the ball and bowl it into the next lane. It was hilarious seeing the people behind the shoe counter literally leap from behind the counter to tell him he couldn’t do that. He’d do it every time…