Last week was the #InternationalDayofHappiness. It was fun watching people share the happy on Twitter that day. Many radio stations including the CBC and one of our local stations here in Kingston got on the happy bandwagon, asking listeners what songs they listened to for a pick me up. Mashable compiled its list with the help of Ed Sheeran and John Legend.
Here are 11 songs that would be on our family’s happy play list.
- Bang Bang by Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj and Jesse J
- Downstream by Supertramp
- Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
- The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin’ Groovy) by Simon and Garfunkel
- Walkin’ on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves
- Happy by Pharrell Williams
- Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars
- Carry On by Fun
- Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles
- Wave over Wave by Great Big Sea (or any Great Big Sea song)
- It’s Friday by Alan Doyle and Dean Brody
What song would make your play list? This week’s #HappyAct is to create your own happy play list. Feel free to use some of ours.