“Why are there so many songs about rainbows
And what’s on the other side
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions
And rainbows have nothing to hide”
We’ve had crazy rain this spring, in some ways a welcome reprieve from last summer’s endless drought. When the rain teams down, it can seem like eternity before the sun shines again.
But amidst the storm clouds and raindrops, if you watch expectantly, you might just see a rainbow.
A metaphor for life, really.
Here’s one of my favourite artists these days, Ed Sheeran singing The Rainbow Connection with Kermit the frog and some pictures of my favourite rainbow pictures, one taken over the lake this week.
This week’s #HappyAct is to watch for a rainbow. Instead of wishing for a pot of gold, let’s all wish the sun shines strong for Canada’s 150th birthday next weekend.
My best friend Leslie and I discovering our pot of gold under a rainbow in Killarney Park in Ireland
Last week was the #InternationalDayofHappiness. It was fun watching people share the happy on Twitter that day. Many radio stations including the CBC and one of our local stations here in Kingston got on the happy bandwagon, asking listeners what songs they listened to for a pick me up. Mashable compiled its list with the help of Ed Sheeran and John Legend.
Here are 11 songs that would be on our family’s happy play list.
- Bang Bang by Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj and Jesse J
- Downstream by Supertramp
- Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
- The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin’ Groovy) by Simon and Garfunkel
- Walkin’ on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves
- Happy by Pharrell Williams
- Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars
- Carry On by Fun
- Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles
- Wave over Wave by Great Big Sea (or any Great Big Sea song)
- It’s Friday by Alan Doyle and Dean Brody
What song would make your play list? This week’s #HappyAct is to create your own happy play list. Feel free to use some of ours.