When I started this blog four years ago, I hoped I would find a community of people who would join me on a journey to explore what it means to be happy and be inspired to take action to create our own happiness, one happy act at a time.
I also knew there would be others who would never “get it” and think I’m crazy. I once had someone ask me, why do you blog about the same thing every week? Sigh.
While there is always a common thread in my posts: exploring what makes us happy, I hope dear loyal readers you have figured out that like life, happyact.ca is a smorgasbord of content. Some weeks, it is a blog for foodies or commentary on work; other weeks it’s a travelogue or a humour column.
Some weeks it’s an advice column where I’m seeking advice for a problem or issue in my life. Other weeks, I’m sharing a tiny drop of inspiration or motivation. Either way, I hope you’ve enjoyed reading it and it’s helped you on your journey to be happy.
I know life gets busy and there is a good chance you may have missed some happy acts this year, so to help you overcome FOMO (fear of missing out), here is a reprise of my top ten favourite happy acts of 2018. I hope you keep reading every Sunday morning and continue on with me on this journey in 2019.
On travel and exploring
- Explore one of Ontario’s most beautiful regions and hikes in Two journeys in one
- Explore the sites of Vancouver Island in Happy in Beautiful BC
On being happy at work
- Did Les Nessman have it right? See my take on open offices and the ideal office of the future
- Hear Seth Godin’s take on the importance of a strong work culture in This is Seth Godin live
- It’s surprising what you may find down A country mile
- Find out what a group of bunnies is called and the name for the dot above an I or j in Ten happy facts to put a smile on your face
Motivation and inspiration
- Human beings are destined to radiate or drain so Hang out with happy people
- Find out what seven habits to avoid if you want to be happy in Seven habits of highly unhappy people
- Imagine being able to relive a single day with a positive attitude? Have a happy do over day
- Share your advice on What do you do if you don’t like someone you love
Happy New Year everyone and here’s to a happiness filled 2019.