Welcome to the final happy act of 2019 where I recap the top happy acts of the year. I’ve come to learn my little blog, where I share a piece of inspiration or something we can all do to be happy each week has also become a chronicle of sorts: of my travels, family life, and of current issues on the minds of Canadians. I hope you still enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it each week. Here’s my top 10 happy acts of 2019.
- Take the self-care pledge. If you’re looking for a New Year’s resolution to start off 2020 on the right path, this post may inspire you.
- Always look on the bright side of life: a tribute to Monty Python
- Living in the country has its charms. One of them is Funny country signs.
- Plan a red hot date night. Read about my steamy date with one of the last of the red hot lovers.
- Harvest the Grape. One of my favourite days this year was spent picking grapes at a local vineyard. Read about the harvest and what goes into making a truly remarkable vintage.
- Already missing the crisp cool days of fall? Check out Autumn ablaze, a photo essay with my favourite photos of eastern Ontario this spectacular fall.
- In Screams and curtain calls, guest blogger Ray Dorey shares his experience in local theatre.
- In Eat from a Dish with one Spoon, I explored native culture and what we can learn from First Nations people.
- A discovery of an old box of newspaper clippings of my Dad’s led to this photo essay and tribute to Toronto the good in photos, a must read if you live in the GTA.
- If there was one issue that galvanized the world in unity and action in 2019, it was climate change. In #FridaysforFuture and Lessons from Frome, learn about what one town in England is doing to take action.
There you have it. Thanks for continuing to join me each week in this journey. Here’s to many more happy acts in 2020.
2 thoughts on “Top ten happy acts of 2019”
Thanks for including me, Laurie ❤️
You’re welcome, Ray, and thanks for being one of my regular readers and guest bloggers. Let me know when you want to do a happy act in 2020!